Friday, October 19, 2007

Mapping the Territories.

So, typically, I get an assignment that CLEARLY states to chill out and not get to complicated but one of the only ideas that keeps popping into my head are these images of religion v. reality. The things that religion make difficult because they make it wrong to the rest of the world and at the same time telling us not to judge one another, yadda yadda. How do I map out the faults in religion?

Blah.

Speaking of religion, here's something I did in the past.





Maybe like a road to heaven with a crap load of detours that are filled with the judgemental nonsense that religion uses to suck the life out of you sometimes, or some of of its contradicitons, or who knows.

I've got to think harder and simplify an idea that won't blow up in my face when I try and execute it.


I would even like to destroy that approach completely and think of something way more lighthearted.

Maybe a map of my drinking patterns or the gross stains on the residence hall walls. Hm.


I don't want to get personal like blah blah my life story blah blah, besides, if you cared about my life story, you can just ask me over a beer or a coffee.


Maybe I can map out how being in London has changed my New York adjusted body and given me the shittiest cold ever, and makes my snot black and my ears dirty, and makes my big hair fall out. That might get a bit graphic and disgusting. But hey, I am sorta graphic and disgusting.

No comments: