Friday, October 26, 2007





There are many ways to express sound visually. The most common are the sound waves we are familiar with seeing in textbooks or the one's on your computer that are produced to look like they flow with the music.

Do I want to stick to this widely known visual concept of sound or do I want to create my own.

Do I express noise in a media not so scientific but more graphic? Whose to say that the lines of a wavelength aren't graphic or pleasing. I like the idea for free form organic shapes, I could possibly do something with type. I can possibly spell the things I hear the way I hear them and make them look the way I hear them.

But I would also like to categorize the sounds I hear. Music, people talking to me/people talking, animals, electronics, etc.

No comments: